Dework: Bridging The Gap Between DAOs and Contributors
Dework is enabling a new form of remote and decentralized work, empowering DAOs to build their communities with the expertise of their members.
Dework is proving to be the future of remote and decentralized work by helping DAOs to manage their workflow, broadcast bounties, and pay contributors directly.
It is a revolutionary idea that has taken the crypto world by storm and is helping people find work in the crypto space and maximize their labor potential.
“Dework is focused on making the whole process clearer and easier for participants”Lonis HamailiDework Co-founder
Anonymity and privacy are core tenets of Web3, and for contributors who do not want their profiles to be public, Dework is a viable alternative that acts both as a decentralized job board and a Web3 resume that makes it possible to work in the crypto space without sharing private information.
What is Dework?
Dework is a tool incorporated into DAO communities. It is designed to help DAO communities manage tasks. Since its launch in 2021, many DAOs have incorporated Dework into their platforms.
Simply put, it is the task manager of DAOs and decentralized work. It gives crypto-based organizations the rare privilege of leveraging the expertise of community members to build a project.
Dework helps to put together an incentivized like-minded community of diversely skilled individuals. The community put together by the application of Dework is able to self-organize and create value for the project.
If you have ever used Trello then it is safe to say that Dework is a web3 alternative, with more functionalities and a better user interface.
Dework can be regarded as LinkedIn, a bounty platform, and a bunch of project management tools all rolled into one platform. Hence, tasks are created and contributors can apply to get the tasks assigned to them.
This invariably leads to the division of labor, progress monitoring, and community building.
Features of Dework
There are three core features of this platform:
1. It helps crypto organizations to create and manage tasks and bounties
- With Dework, organizations can explicitly communicate the project roadmap and work needed to make sure the project goes mainstream.
- Dework enables crypto projects to share context on ongoing initiatives, making it easier for contributors to get involved.
2. It helps crypto projects to find the right contributors
- Community members apply to tasks and the project team gets to view their profiles and work history before assigning the project to them. This method ensures that only the best applicants are assigned to the tasks.
- Members can suggest improvements, that can be voted upon and implemented by their peers. For the community by the community!
With Dework, members are contributors and not employees. Interestingly, it can help the project to onboard the cream of the crop.
3. Seamless workflow
- It enables projects to add bounties to tasks as well as pay them directly via Dework.
- Projects can pay contributors with any on-chain token as well as their native token.
How it Works
Dework is built for decentralized organizations. When fully integrated into a platform, it is embedded with features that enable task management.
- Dework enables discord integration: a project team via Discord can discuss tasks created in Dework and can also notify members when new bounties are created.
Dework can be synced with Github: By syncing with Github, Dework enables projects to pull requests with Dework tasks.
- Wallet payment: Dework works perfectly with Metamask, Phantom, Wallet Connect, Utopia, and more. This ensures that the project team can pay contributors via their crypto wallets.
Members of the crypto community can earn various kinds of cryptocurrencies and task points via Dework while the community token is the extra layer of incentivization that encourages them to participate in governance and other on-site utilities.
How to join Dework
Dework is not only open to projects. Contributors can also leverage their skills to obtain assigned bounties via Dework. Simply go to the Dework website, click on explore bounties, and browse skills to see the bounties under your skill preference. The skills in Dework include:
- Development: this is the development arm of Dework and facilitates DAOs to connect with developers.
- Design: this is a branch of Dework that connects DAOs with designers, including web designers and gift card designers.
- Translation: this aspect of Dework requires skills from translators of all kinds. It often involves translation from one language to English or from English to other languages.
- Writing: writing involves crypto/DeFi writers. This branch of Dework builds a bridge between different DAOs and writers, making it easy for these enterprises to access the best writers in the crypto space.
- Marketing: DAOs are linked with skilled marketers that can help in the promotion of their communities.
- Community: Community managing experts are connected to DAOs via this aspect.
- Product: Each DAO has a unique product and service and this department puts the products or services together.
- Research: the research arm of Dework carries out the necessary research, resulting in the success of any DAO community.
- Legal: DAOs are connected to legal luminaries that help with the regulatory compliance of DAOs. The catch is that you have more experts working on a project instead of having just one person hired to attend to the legal needs of a DAO.
- Operations: operation managers and operations researchers are connected to DAOs via this aspect.
- Admin: Dework is helping DAOs organize their communities by linking them with expert admins that can help to manage their communities.
- Data Analytics: Dework makes the provision for DAOs to find the best contributors in the field of data analytics.
If you have the expertise needed to execute tasks under any of the skills mentioned above, then all that remains is your application.
Just connect the wallet you will use to accept the payment, which will be processed after the task you were assigned is completed successfully.
You must understand that to be assigned a task on Dework, you need to make sure that your best attempt is submitted.
Dework also creates a leaderboard for its contributors. The person with the highest number of completed tasks stays on top of the ladder while people with fewer completed tasks and points are at the bottom.
DIA DAO: A Case Study
DIA DAO has one of the best applications of Dework in the crypto ecosystem and is a perfect case study for DAOs that wish to integrate Dework into their platform.
The DIA DAO creates bounties for contributors, allowing contributors to build their Web3 profile, earning tokens, while building DIA DAO in the process.
With the Dework framework in place, DIA has built and is still building a large army of committed Web3 enthusiasts and experts. DIA DAO leverages Dework the following ways:
- With Dework, DIA DAO creates a task, and its community members and other contributors are invited to apply. The applicant with the best proposal gets the task.
- For every event on Dework, a thread is made in the DIA DAO discord community.
- Dework and DIA discord community are synced.
- Dework enables DIA to build a community of diversely skilled people to create value for the project.
- Dework enables DIA to organize tasks and reward participants with cryptocurrency and XP.
How to Become A DIA Contributor
Different DAOs have different ways of accepting people into their platforms. However, for DIA, it is a simple process that doesn’t require much of your time.
- The first step is to join the DIA discord community, get verified, then head over to the info-center and apply to become a contributor.
- Once your application is reviewed and accepted, you will be granted the DAO-Applicant role, which allows you to take on onboarding tasks from different guilds in the DIA community. The onboarding tasks are designed to test your skills and see if you have the expertise required to become a DIA contributor.
- Once done with your onboarding task, you submit it and then wait for it to be reviewed by the guild reviewers and if they like it, you get a new role (DIA-Contributor) that allows you to work and get rewarded with ETH, DIA, and XP.
- With your new role as DIA-Contributor, you can opt to work in different guilds within the ecosystem and the more tasks you complete in a high-quality manner, the more chances you get to be promoted to new roles as well as gain access to more complex and rewarding tasks.
The only way after becoming a contributor is upward and onward. But if you still need more detailed instructions, check out this guide.
Interested in learning more about DIA DAO? Check out the link here.